Thursday, September 17, 2009

8 Month Update


I've decided to stop making promises I can't keep. The promise I'm talking about specifically is that I will be a better blogger and keep everyone up to date on the goings-on of the Davis family. Life seems to get crazy and the blog falls down the "to-do" list on most days. I think this is because I'm trying to work almost 20 hours a week which takes up almost all of Andrew's nap times. Please know I'm not trying to keep anyone in the dark about life here in Knoxville, it just gets hectic at times to keep up with everything. The biggest reason I'm blogging now is that the web page I work from is having technical difficulties and isn't working correctly :) Anyway, here is what's been going on since I last blogged. Andrew now weighs over 23 lbs and is 30 inches long. He has learned to roll over both ways, move to a sitting position from his belly, rock on all fours, and decided to completely by-pass the army crawl and just crawl on all fours. He has officially crawled over every part of our lower level :) He is very inquisitive and wants to touch everything! His hobbies are watching football, NASCAR, and eating. When I say he loves to eat, I mean this boy LOVES to eat. He eats at LEAST 6 jars of stage 2 food per day plus 4 bottles, two of which have cereal in them. He has started on his stage 3 foods but hasn't quite decided if he really likes having whole peas and noodle chunks in his mouth. He is beginning to enjoy some table foods (mashed potatoes, ice cream) and loves to suck on lemons when we are at a restaurant. We always leave with a baby covered in lemon pulp! His eating is why he is 8 months old and wearing 12 and 18 month clothes exclusively. Andrew loves to clap, especially for himself, and he is making the most noise we have ever heard from him! He is growing hair like crazy which has stayed a beautiful blonde. His eyes still change colors but I think they will be hazel in the end. He loves to be outside and has enjoyed visiting the zoo about five times since May (yeah for a zoo pass!)




1 comment: