Sunday, September 27, 2009

Parties and Baptisms!

I decided it would be a great idea to throw my parents a surprise ?? birthday/40th anniversary party for my parents (my mom will be happy that I didn't list her age). As most of you know, I'm NID (not into details) so I enlisted the help of my best friend Lyschel. It can be a little difficult planning a party from several states away, but we managed to pull it off! We had a great time surprising my parents. They were late but we forgave them as they didn't really know they had someplace they needed to be :) The party was attended by family and friends with a turnout of about 80 people. We were really happy with this, especially since the party was held at noon on Saturday over Labor Day weekend. After the party we had a great time relaxing at my parents house with Michael, Tana, Brycen and Blake along with Garren, Lyschel and Blair. It was the opening weekend of college football and I think we managed to watch a little bit of every game on TV. On Sunday we had the privilege of having Andrew baptised by my dad and grandfather. It was a beautiful occasion and very special to me!

Dad and Grandaddy instructing Kevin and I on the importance of raising Andrew to follow Christ while my mom, brother, and nephew looked on.
Dad, Grandaddy, and pastor Matt O'Reilly baptizing Andrew.

A wet but happy baby!


No comments:

Post a Comment