Sunday, September 27, 2009

Dave Ramsey!! Dave Ramsey!!

This morning Kevin and I were able to meet our financial hero, Dave Ramsey! You may wonder why this was such a big event for us. If it hadn't been for Dave Ramsey, we believe we would not have our Andrew today. Over three years ago Kevin and I took Dave's Financial Peace University class. We didn't realize it at the time, but we were also starting our journey of infertility. As we followed Dave's teachings, we payed off all of our debt, put a 35% down payment on our house, and saved up cash for our adoption. When we heard that a birth mother was interested in us we were so excited. We were even more excited to hear the reason that she was interested in us...because we were debt free!! It is so amazing to look back over the past three + years and see what God has blessed us with for being obedient to His calling about our finances. We couldn't have done this without the godly teachings of a godly man. Thanks Dave!!


Meeting Dave

Introducing Dave to Andrew after telling him our FPU success story!


Random picture :) Andrew penning his memoirs. Ok, he's really just signing birthday cards.


Andrew wearing his Auburn jersey. He wears this every Saturday so you may see it in many pictures to come. War Eagle!!







5 comments:

  1. how cool!! what amazing timing for dave ramsey to visit...not long after andrew's adoption was finalized! all i can say is "wow."

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story! It was so cool to see Dave Ramsey. I've been talking about it since Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great story - something you will remember forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is from Papa. I am so happy that you guys got to see and meet D.R. The story is especially touching. As your Dad, Jennifer, you know how proud I am of you, Kevin and Andrew. In fact, I couldn't be prouder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did I miss this post! I am SO glad you got to share your story with Dave. We're baby stepping our way your direction with a couple of debts left to go. :)

    ReplyDelete