Very early in the morning, bitter cold, waiting for Kevin to run by.
Kevin making his appearance at the half way mark.
Finishing strong at the 50 yard line in Neyland Stadium!!
Last Sunday Kevin ran his first race, the Knoxville Half Marathon. As most of you know, a half marathon is a 13.1 mile race. I'm most proud of my husband for attempting/completing the Knoxville half marathon for his first race. If you've never been to Knoxville, you may not quite grasp this accomplishment. A half marathon in and of itself is a huge task, but Knoxville is known for it's very hilly terrain, and the half marathon takes no prisoners in this regard. There are several area's of the race that consist of grueling hills that seem to last forever. Not only did Kevin complete the marathon, he beat his goal, finishing at 1 hour, 52 minutes and 52 seconds. He was in the top 18% of runners and is now contemplating running a full marathon. Needless to say, I am one proud wife!! Andrew and I braved wind chills in the 30's to cheer Kevin on. As I've mentioned before, Andrew loves to be outside. He seemed to really enjoy his time watching the runners race by and listening to the crowds cheer! Luckily for me I had Andrew strapped in his Snuggli which helped keep me warm as well. I also want to thank Greg and Laura Lightfoot and their kids, David and Danielle, for helping me on race day. Without them I probably would not have been able to attend the race. Their help meant so much to Kevin and I and we consider them amazing friends!!
Way to go, Kevin!! It seems like there is a running bug in the family...it just hasn't reached us yet in Colorado!! Maybe in time...we'll see! I'm so glad you and Andrew were able to cheer him along, too, Jennifer! Are you getting a little more confident getting out and about with Andrew?? I was super impressed that Andrew's been on a road trip already!! Love you guys!
ReplyDelete