Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Our First Trip to the Zoo

I know that when I decided to buy a zoo pass it was really more for my benefit as Andrew is a little young to enjoy the animals, but since he loves being outside and I love getting out of the house, I figured it was a good idea :) Andrew did great during his first trip, he even sat in his stroller for the first time without his carseat! It wasn't just Andrew's first trip to the zoo, it was his friend Blaire's as well.

Andrew sitting in his stroller without his carseat.
Andrew and Blaire getting ready to enter the zoo!
One of the black bears. He really wasn't this close, we just have a pretty good camera :)
The penguin exhibit.
The butterfly exhibit was amazing!!








4 comments:

  1. Darren had to take a field trip to the Knox. zoo as a part of his zoology class at Carson Newman. So Maddie and I went with him! It's a much better zoo than the one here in Gulf Breeze...by far! Glad to see you are getting to enjoy the outdoors with him a little easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok.. so were we at the same zoo?! we took the kids yesterday for the first time to the Bronx zoo and i have almost the same identical picture of the butterflies! ill post my pics later! andrew is getting so big and too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the zoo! I can't wait to take our baby when he gets old enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. there are places that i used to feel out of place before i had kids (and a stroller to push). one was walking around the park. without a dog on a leash or a stroller, i stuck out. the other is at the zoo. its nice to fit in so much better now :) hope you enjoyed the fresh air :) we are loving our zoo membership this year, too! so worth the $$!

    ReplyDelete