Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day

This Sunday I celebrated my first Mother's Day. We had a great time and celebrated lunch with our dear friends Garren, Lyschel, and baby Blaire. I have to admit that I found my first Mother's Day to be bittersweet. As we were leaving for church I asked Kevin "How do you think Nila is doing today?" It was such a sad moment for me as I thought about what Nila must be thinking and feeling. Even though she gave Andrew up for adoption, it was her first Mother's Day, too. I think it was also made hard by the fact that we feel so close to her and her family. Even though this post is a little late, I would like to celebrate all the mothers in the world, whether they have their children with them or not.


I tried to have a really cute picture to celebrate my first Mother's Day. Instead, Andrew pooped in his cute outfit!! Oh well, it just goes to show that even though it may be Mother's Day, it is still a normal day for us :)


2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet post Jen. I have really loved hearing your thoughts and joys during your beginning adventures into Motherhood. :) You're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a big heart, Jennifer. I love that about you :)

    ReplyDelete