Friday, February 27, 2009

The Playlist

People often asked me how I was able to deal with waiting for a baby. One of the best things I ever did was compile a playlist on my iPod for days when I was down and needed a little lift. I've had people ask me what was on my playlist, so here are my songs of encouragement:

"Completely" Ana Laura (Facing the Giants soundtrack)
"In Need" Dave Hunt (Shelter)
"Only You" David Crowder Band (Illuminate)
"Never Let Go" David Crowder Band (Remedy)
"I'm Letting Go" Francesca Battistelli (My Paper Heart)
"Desert Song" Hillsong (This is Our God)
"The Stand" Hillsong United (United We Stand)
"More Than a Friend" Jeremy Riddle (Wow Worship: Red)
"While I'm Waiting" John Waller (The Blessing and Facing the Giants soundtrack)
"I Will Show You Love" Kendall Payne (Paper Skin)
"That's Why There's Grace" Kendall Payne (That's Why There's Grace)
"Arms of Love" Kutlass (Strong Tower)
"Held" Natalie Grant (Awaken)
"Small Enough" Nichole Nordeman (This Mystery)
"You Are Still Holy" Rita Springer (Worth It All)

"Small Enough" was the first song on the playlist, as it really helped me through the early days of infertility. Towards the end, my favorites were the two Kendall Payne songs and "Never Let Go". I've also kept the playlist on my iPod even though the adoption has happened because the songs are encouraging to listen to no matter what the situation is. We sing most of the songs at church, so I'm very thankful to Jacob Winn and Michael Cates at FEFC for the amazing music they lead us in each Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. The Lord is always ministering to me through music. When Darren had graduated, but was job seeking, it seemed nothing would ever come through. And time was running out as the bills were coming due! My mantra song was "Voice of Truth." I listened to/sang it all the time. And of course, God provide the right job at just the right time. Sometimes when we don't hear Him whispering, we can hear Him SINGING. Good song choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen and Kevin! Thanks for sharing your blog with us. What an amazing story :) We are actually taking the FPU class right now! Funny. God is so good. I'm glad to be able to check in and see some pictures :) You can check our blog if you want to....it's coatesblog.com.
    Janna Coates

    ReplyDelete